Monday, November 17, 2008

Alphabet Poop



These pictures were taken last Thursday. Not for anything other than some updated bathtub pics. I never thought they would go GREAT to help describe our evening. Those that read my blog (all 5 of you... :) know 2 things about me. I really don't like to write a lot, just like to post pictures of the boys, and that I think potty humor is kind of funny. Well, I guess that is one reason the Lord gave me boys. So here is a little insight to our evening....


We got back from Oklahoma around 6:30. PERFECT!! I can get the boys fed, ready for bed and Troy and I can watch the Cowboy game. After dinner, I am telling Dylan that it is time to take a bath. As I am getting him down from the table I notice that he is doing a face that tells me he might be doing some "pushing". I then say,"Do you need to go Poop? If so, let's go sit on the Potty." He says no, I check his diaper and sure enough, no Poop. I am rushing around, put the Elmo bubbles in the tub and stick him in. As Dylan is bathing, I am getting my coupons organized and my evening plans mapped out. I walk into the bathroom several times and Dylan keeps telling me, " No poopo in the potty" I say, no, but we need to be working on. He tells me like 3 times. Great, I still am organizing coupons. Then, Dylan starts "cleaning" the bathroom tiles. I walk in and he says, " Momma, I cleaning." I think it is so cute so I go and tell Troy that Dylan is helping Mommy clean the bathtub. After the 3rd time he tells me he is cleaning, I look down in the tub and think , "Hmmm, that looks a little funny." In my defense, Derek was screaming and I was trying to get him fed, the Cowboys have kicked off, and I was trying to do too many things at once. So, yes, for the first time ever, Dylan decided to go to the bathroom in the tub, sat in it for a good while because I couldn't tell in the midst of all of the Elmo bubbles and alphabet letters. I run to go start the guest bathroom tub and see Troy CRINGING in the living room as if he is silently praying that I will not ask for help cleaning the poop up. I grab Dylan out of the tub to put him in the guest tub only to find out that there are a TON of ants crawling out of the faucet of that tub. So, I am screaming to Troy to come get the ants, Derek is screaming, and Dylan is soaking wet with Poop water.

I will spare you the clean up details. In the end, Troy got the ants, I cleaned the tub and SCRUBBED Dylan and the COWBOYS WON!!!!! It was a great night.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Ella has done that before. What a funny story!

Molly said...

That's awesome! I totally understsand trying to get things done and not really paying attention to what's happening in the bath. The only time Cooper has pooped in the tub was when I was not really watching too close! Blake's the same way about cleaning poop!

Love the pictures, your family is adorable!

Amanda said...

I love that this is going to be out there in cyberspace one day when dylan is a teenager and dating :) He will love that his mom wrote about him pooping in the bathtub.

I was afraid you were going to write about size of poop.....Hope you have a great week :)

Shannon said...

This is hysterical. Wow, that's funny!