Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Dylan!

My little 2 year old!!!
August 31, 2008
Dylan one day old...August 31st, 2006
Dylan's 1st birthday, August 31, 2007

So my little Dylan turned 2 yesterday. Wow, 2 years have just flown by. I truly thank God every day for this precious little guy that he has given to Troy and I. He amazes us all the time with what he can do or what he is learning. He is constantly making Troy and I laugh and brings us so much joy every day.

There are so many things that I love about Dylan. One of them is the way that he LOVES his little brother Derek. Aside from that first day in the hospital when he was just a little "unsure" of everything, he adores his brother. He wakes up every morning wanting to know where Baby Derek is wants to give him HUUUGs and Kisses. I pray that the bond between these two boys will be so strong and that they will be best friends.



I love to watch Dylan and Troy together. Troy is such a great Dad and spends time teaching Dylan new things every day. Dylan loves to wait for Daddy to come home in the evening times. We have started waiting on the driveway so that we will see him as soon as he pulls in. Dylan loves for Daddy to spell out words so that he can try to "read" them. He is getting a lot better at sounding them out and gets SOOO excited when he gets them right. Dylan also loves to help Daddy mow the lawn. He will sit on Troy's lap while they ride the John Dear tractor together. I love the way that Dylan says, "Momma". Troy used to call me Momma when I was pregnant with Dylan and I just hated it. Back then, I preferred, "Mommy"... now hearing that little boy say Momma just melts my heart. When he wakes up in the morning, he will come out of his room, find me and say, "Hey Momma!". Dylan and I love to go swimming together. We spent many hours at the water park and at BOBJEAN's swimming this summer. He is so patient to let me cut his hair, use as much hairspray as I feel "needed" and endure many CVS shopping trips with me.
Dylan loves people and he LOVES his family. One of my favorite times of the day is when we are in bed and we do our normal routine of singing together and then praying. His favorite songs right now are " I've got the JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my heart" and " Jesus Loves Me". Just in the last 2 weeks he has started trying to sing all of the words with me. He is also learning to pray on his own. Friends are at the top of his list to pray for. This summer he met the Oursler boys, Luke and Issac. Every night Luke and Isaac are the first people that he prays for. Here is a picture of Luke, Dylan, and Isaac.



Dylan just lights up when he talks about/sees Jack Jack. Jackson is my best friend Autumn's little boys. They are about 7 months a part and play together so well. Just recently they both have really gotten into playing with cars. I am so excited to watch this special friendship grow!!


Some of your Favorite things right now are: chocolate milk, Cars, Finding Nemo, Elmo (that includes singing "Elmo's world"), Airplanes, HAPPY, sidewalk chalk, Leap Frog videos, saying " I did it", and of course, ANY kind of ball.



Dear Dylan,


Happy birthday! Your Daddy and I love you so much!! You are very special to us and we are already so proud of you. We pray that you will continue to learn who Jesus is and at the earliest possible age you will ask him into your heart. Thank you for being such a loving little boy and for bringing so much Joy into our lives. We can't wait to see what each new day with you brings!!




Love,


Momma and Daddy































.









































































































1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy!